Now a poem, not just another one

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Revival of the Ulysses Inside

The blow was so hard that I still bear that acute pain
The scar is there with remains of a fearful blood stain,
Or is it the wound itself that hasn’t been fully healed
A flash of that memory brings sweat to the forehead.

Unable to welcome with all heart the tomorrow bright
As the darkness of the nightmare of the previous night-
Covers with smoke when through the pane the dawn peep
I am afraid if all this is a daydream, am I still fast asleep?

I doubt a shrill voice as narrow as a thread, a cry of fear
Amidst the sweet symphony of music I am about to hear
I still do not know if I have actually heard it this time
Or is it cold shadowy past’s resonance in a scary chime.

I still remember that dreadful night, as if it was yesterday
Trembling lips and sore tongue still languish in mind’s bay
It is always impossible to forget the lesion if it went deep
All that is left to do is to learn the lesson and not to weep

With the first hit the depth of the wall ahead is made known
Now to calculate the force required to go through all alone
To decline or sit back after such a setback will be cowardice
How hard they pulled back, that hard I may push to advance

Gaining verve from adversaries and practice the art to strive
To seek the cover for shielding from any cold and to survive
To find the lost sword amid fear’s corpses in the battlefield
Keep past aside, tread present, into the future, and not to yield.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home