Now a poem, not just another one

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rain Round the Desire’s Bend

I wish it had rained now, let these dark clouds-
Do not let me down by failing to give a raindrop
Often they go away as inside some hope sprouts
The offspring here do not resemble their father;
Rain is always trustworthy, not like the clouds
Dark clouds may even sometimes try to deceive
But their malice is not carried over to the rain
Rain and mothers know only to moisten heart
With itself, herself or with her pure tears of joy
I wish for that rain to fall down heavy upon me.

It is raining now, as drops pierce my skin slowly
Entering my vessels, no pain, it is all yearning glee
The mixing up with rain alone can sanctify blood
Life itself arose from the unison of rain and blood
The flashes send new light to cut open the dark sky
Thunder puts an end to dumb tongue’s tradition
As I stand just below an umbrella formed by a tree
One big clatter sends all the crows on top flying
As I look up it seems that the branches expanding
No, those are the crows flying away covering the sky.

In the next flash, the tree I am standing below is hit
Fire in the rain, and I am now beside a heap of ash
Those birds that caught the warning have escaped
I also have quite astonishingly survived that blaze
Without one burn or blemish anywhere on the skin
That heap of ash has now mixed with the mud below
I stand upon that earth, without a tree or an umbrella
Still raindrops puncturing my skin without any pain
All this doesn’t even inflict any fear upon my mind
I am just rejoicing in the first rain of this dry season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home